Winter 2020 Playoffs
February 6, 2020, 11:00 pm
Winter 2020 Playoffs Schedule
- Women's A1 3/16 7:00 & 8:00 PM MHS Aux
- Women's A2 3/9 7:00 & 8:00 PM Charles Jordan CC
- Women's A PCC 3/23 7:00 & 8:00 PM Charles Jordan CC
- Women's BB 3/16 7:00 & 8:00 PM Charles Jordan CC
- Women's B 3/9 8:00 & 9:00 PM MHS Aux
- Women's AA TUES 3/10 8:00 & 9:00 PM MHS Aux
- Coed A 3/11 7:00 & 8:00 PM EPCC
- Coed B 3/18 7:00 & 8:00 PM MHS Aux
- Coed C 3/11 7:00 & 8:00 PM MHS Aux
- Coed A Thursday 3/12 Location & Time TBA
Winter 2020 Registration Opens
December 27, 2019, 3:16 pm
Winter 2020 Registration closes 12/28!
Thank you for your patience and understanding while PVA quickly transitioned to a new payment processor! We are now accepting online payments through Stripe, which supports credit cards, Apple Pay, & Google Pay!
The Portland Volleyball Association has a new registration portal and process!
- Managers Log into your, click on MY teams, and then select Register for Winter 2020 to quickly register your team & update the roster! https://register.portlandvolleyball.org
- ALL players and subs must register and sign the waiver at https://register.portlandvolleyball.org/account/signup
- Accounts may not be shared by multiple players & must contain accurate information (player's legal name, valid email address, etc.). Fake or intentionally inaccurate accounts may result in players &/or teams being banned from PVA activities.
- Waivers must be electronically signed annually & accounts cannot be shared by multiple players
- AA is the most competitive level followed by A1, A/A2, BB, B, and C.
League play will start the week of January 6.
Issues with registration? Email
Questions??? Send an email to
RULE AND POLICY UPDATES 2020
December 8, 2019, 9:27 pm
RULE AND POLICY UPDATES
Portland Volleyball Association
- Schedule Requests: Each team manager may submit a single schedule modification request for one night per season. Additional requests will be denied. Requests must be submitted via email to at least one week prior to the match date. PVA will attempt to accommodate such requests but may not be able to do so and retains the right to deny any request.
- Notices: Managers will receive an email alert for match time or location changes occurring less than a week before the match. Managers are asked to continue to monitor the PVA website throughout the season and to alert team members about changes. No notice will be sent for changes to matches scheduled to occur more than one week after the date the change is made. Make sure you have the address saved as a safe address (not spam)!
- Gym/Facility Use: PVA players and spectators are guests within the gyms and facilities we use. Our use is a privilege and we must be respectful of the other activities and users we encounter. Rude or disruptive behavior, disregard for facility rules/policies, drinking alcohol, and smoking/vaping are not permitted. Pets are also prohibited at PVA events except for summer leagues and in accordance with the ADA Service Animals guidelines. Teams and their guests that violate PVA's policies may be removed and/or banned from facilities and activities at the discretion of the PVA Board of Directors. Limited authority to remove players and spectators who violate PVA policies has been granted to PVA referees acting in their official capacity. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Fall 2019 Playoffs
December 17, 2019, 11:46 am
Fall 2019 Playoffs Schedule
- Women's A1 Arm & Hammer
- Women's A2 Tap That Ace
- Women's BB1 All About That Ace
- Women's BB2 Attack Pack
- Women's AA TUES Block Dirty to Me
- Coed A Pound Town
- Coed B Gangsta Pair'a Dice
- Coed C A & L Bombers
- Coed A Thursday New 1's
Coed Ghost Player Rule
December 8, 2019, 10:08 pm
The PVA Board has voted to do away with the old exemption rule which allowed a coed team to play with three men and two women only once a season, and instead to adopt the Ghost Player Rule as discussed at the Fall managers meeting. The rule is effective as of the beginning of Winter season and is stated as follows:
Ghost Player Rule
This rule automatically goes into effect for a coed team any time that team chooses, or is forced by circumstance, to play with only five players, and those players consist of three men and two women.
The team playing with three men and two women must leave a space in their lineup where the missing woman should be. If the missing woman would be in the front row, there would be only two front row players for that rotation. When the missing woman would normally serve, the serve goes to the opposing team, like a side-out but without any point awarded.
More news »